Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Welcome Home

I stood there poised for the picture.......... waiting to see sign of a girl with shoulder length brown hair carrying a baby and a small blonde haired two year old.  People kept getting in the way of my shot......."There she is" Nate says and I see my daughter and her two little ones.  There they were, coming out of the small hallway that connected them from the plane to me. She had to wait for her car seat and we weren't allowed in the corridor the help her.......believe me...Nate asked!  The anxiety was building and I was getting more and more eager to hold those babies.  Then my little granddaughter with the blonde hair hanging in her eyes looked towards us.  

I holler to her to come see me.   She looks with a sort of puzzled stair.  Her mommy says...."there's grandma". 
I crouch down so I'm at her level and coax her to me.  She takes off running as fast as her little legs could run and I grab her up and start to bawl.  I kiss her over and over, tears rolling down my cheeks.  Then I spy the size of my grandson.  He's SO MUCH taller than I was expecting. AND ROUND ALL OVER!  Love at first sight.....well, not first sight but all over again. 

It took an hour and a half just to get out of the airport.  What a happy reunion.  I am full of joy. 

Claralynne calls out to me now.........."Grandma...." I keep thinking she's talking to the other grandma Jeppson.  I have had to tell myself it's me she's referring to almost every time she calls me.  And I must admit, it gives me a huge lump in my throat knowing she means ME! What a joy.

3 comments:

Kateka said...

That is really sweet. Made me tear up. POST PICTURES!

Tami said...

So beautiful! It made me tear up also!!

Coke said...

Tam,
Check out my new blog. www.coke-brightsidelife.blogspot.com