Monday, February 9, 2009

Loving The Babies

I get to help with baths. Aub takes both kids in with her and I get to get them out an dry them off. I offer lots and lots of powder to their cold little bodies just as I remember my mom doing for me when I was little.  Weird. I can remember my mom getting me out of the bath. She would tell me to shake off one foot, put it down on the towel on the floor, shake off the other foot. Then we'd dry me off, wind a towel around my head and apply powder. I can remember going from cold to warm in seconds flat with powder. 

Clara asks for some to be put in each tiny hand and then shakes both hands leaving the powder flying in the air, only little of it landing on her body. She's such a doll.

She has the cutest lisp I've ever heard.  Aub had one too.  So did I.   I remember mom working with me to get rid of mine.  I won't do that with Clara as I didn't with Aub.  They mostly just correct themselves (so I can enjoy it).  

When Aub was little she called her fingers "ginners" and I loved it.  Then one day she said it right and I found out Nate had corrected her to say it right.  I was heart broken about it. 

James is soooooooooo heavy!  And he has a non-stop smile.  I think he's starting to know me.  He anticipates getting either tickled or a raspberry to the neck and grins from ear to ear EVERY SINGLE TIME! 

He smiles so much the lady at Panera Bread followed us out from behind the counter to find Aubrey just to see him again.  She made mention that her kids were grown and that she didn't have much fondness for babies, but couldn't take her eyes off him.  Most people go out of their way to talk to him because he offers up his love in the way of smiling at everyone.  He is such a good and content baby.

I have pictures and will post them soon.


2 comments:

Coke said...

Tam,
I remember when you used to say December sirst for your birthday. I thought that was cute. Now when your birthday rolls around I will say to Dave "it's December sirst, guess whose birthday it is." And he will remember you by the way I pronounce it.
Coke

Tami said...

Thanks for the lovely comment! I can't wait to see pictures of you pretty grandbabies, sounds like you are having a great time with them :)