Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updated Pictures of the Gym

So here are the promised updates of the work on the gym up until just prior to yesterday.  I am waiting to take pics of the painted walls tonight with the lights on.  
We had to take down the CD's and movies and stack them in the hall prior to removing the wall that the shelf was on.  
On the right of this pic is the wall before demolition.  Here is the master carpenter!
Whit and Nate taking the wall down.

Just the stick framing for the old wall is left to remove.


Just a few boards left of the old wall.




Nate is such a talented carpenter.  He is the mastermind and strong arm behind all these changes. He used to build houses with his brother Vernal when he was in high school.  That's where he got his training.  He absolutely loves to work with wood.

I've helped out where I can, stuffing insulation, pulling out nails from the ceiling and floor, and I helped paint the ceiling.  Whit has helped out too. 
We moved the flat screen from the opposing wall to this one. Here it shows the cut out in the wall for the bending arm that holds the t.v.  My ballet bar was moved also. 

See the old cut out for the t.v. in wall on the left of the pic. 


The walls are now finished in pine. They will be the background for the future shelving that will go around the t.v.





The ceiling is triple insulated for a sound barrier.  First is the fluffy insulation, then this dark stinky sound board (it really smells awful) and finally the particle board that will be painted in the later pictures. 
This picture shows the last layer of insulating board on the ceiling. Nate has placed the wood wall up to be able to secure the upcoming shelving, otherwise the weight of the shelves and the t.v. would cause the wall to buckle. He sealed the wood.  It's starting to really look nice. 


The hall just after being primed.
Here the ceiling has been primed.  I love the lighting.  I call them my "twinkle lights".
My husband is really amazing.  He got really sick after priming the walls and ceiling, I think because of the fumes. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  The walls and ceiling have been painted.  I'll update with new pictures soon.



No comments: