Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Much Needed Boots

UGGS OR UGG MOCK UPS!          Which do I want?         Which can I afford?


Cute but worth the price?($159.95)




I like these in a lighter brown ($229.95)

I just love these! ($229.95)
Couldn't shovel snow in them but dang they're cute! And I'm a clog fiend($89.95)



I have noticed lots of women around here are wearing boots that are Uggs or Ugg mock-ups! They usually tuck their pants inside them and look really really cute.  The girl I work with had some on the other day and I knew they were expensive (she had them given to her).

So I went online tonight to see about getting me some!  Yikes!  $150-$240.00 buckaroos!   The boots above are Uggs originals! 

I guess they're out of my price range.  I've gone to Target, Kohls, Walmart and either they were out of any kind of snow boot I liked, or they didn't have my size (remember I'm dealing with a major drive to go to other stores here!)

I really need something other than my old moon boots.  Yes it's embarrassing to even admit I still have them. They're disgustingly ugly and a dull pink.  But they were in style one time! Now, I only keep them because the only other boots I have are my children's throw-me- downs (No they're not hand-me-downs.  They were in the D.I. pile and I fished them out.) 


Heather needs snow boots too so I thought I'd shop for us both.  Looks like neither of us are getting any unless prices come down or other stores start to carry our size! 

_____________________________________


Here's wishing you a Happy New Year!  I worked today and will work the next two days.  
I officially begin my new job in January and I feel I'm just about as trained as needs be, the rest will come with experience.  I've been orienting since the beginning of November (OVERTIMEOVERTIMEOVERTIME)  Probably why I've been sick!  I've had to learn the computer system, and that's the biggest part. 

I'm super psyched about it as this is basically where I've been aiming my career.  I've always wanted to be able to help people with their exercise plans, but was afraid about if I got a client with a heart history.  That's largely why I went into the cardiac unit in the first  place.  I've taken care of post cardiac surgical patients, and now, I'll be able to monitor them on telemetry and write exercise prescriptions for them well after heart surgery!  Fantastic!


So as far as celebrating goes, I'm going to get my P.J.'s on and go to bed with a movie on!


May you all have a  HAPPY NEW YEAR~  Tami

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Do Rocket Dogs or Skechers, order em online and if they don't fit send em back! I have some Rocket Dogs and I love them, I tuck them into my boots and feel super cool! Both brands are about half as much as Uggs. Though I would love some as well, I also want the Crocs boots.

Lipstick and Hangnails said...

Thanx Aub, I'll look into them!

Alisa said...

I have to say... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Uggs (the real ones). I got them both in the ankle boot and clogs. They are a little peice of heaven on earth.

Note - the only reason I was able to purchase these were because someone gave me gift certificates to Nordstroms. I couldn't have afforded them otherwise...but I would probably save and pay full price for them if I had to. I'm anxious to know what you decide!