Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

Sniffle, sniffle, try to keep the snot from dripping down my face.............this Christmas Eve is filled with watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, coughing and the unwillingness to go to bed because........well..........IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!

Does it ever go away?  That excitement about the next morning and being woken by your kids to GET UP.....LETS GET UP AND OPEN PRESENTS!

My kids are grown......my baby is nearly 20 years old.....the last of my kids in their teens!  All grown up. 

No more hiding the Christmas wrap that "Santa" used.  No more disguising the handwriting on the present name tags.  No more guarding the presents until morning, monitoring every sound in the hallway or worrying they'll get up and peak before I get up to see the excitement on their faces.  No more wrapping until 2 a.m. 

Someone get me a hot cup of coffee.  What shall we have for breakfast.....a unanimous................. CREPES with blueberry or cherry pie filling.  

This morning is ours.  OUR  families time together.  Just us.  My three kids and my man. No one else.  This is OUR special day!   These are most important people in the world to me and I get to be with them today.

I'm so blessed that I've been able to bear and raise my own children.  To watch them grow into the wonderful people they are today.  Even though this Christmas we are not all together, I still feel the love and embrace my memories of the past, and hope to be together for Christmas again.  I love you all, and Merry Christmas..............Mom.

 

No comments: