Friday, December 12, 2008

Just Updates

I put down the book "Wicked" a while ago and couldn't pick it back up.  Not that it wasn't good, but Halloween's come and gone and I've lost interest. 

I've since picked up the book "The Third Jesus" by Deepak Chopra (quite a shift eh?).  I've been feeling like my soul needs a lift.........man does not live by bread alone........ and my soul has been feeling a bit starved



I prayed for enlightenment and for a door to be opened to feed my soul and I picked up this book I bought a while ago and started reading it.  It's funny, but I feel so much more like I can allow spirituality back into my life without being threatened that someone else's idea of God will try to engulf me and take over. 

I feel I can choose! And it's nice!  I'm enjoying the book tremendously and when I had it with me in the doctors office the other day a guy stopped me and said he'd read it and loved it too.

--------------------------------------------------------- 

Whit punched a guy in the face the other day and hurt his hand.  The guy deserved it... he hit Whit's girlfriend so hard  it made her nose jewel fly out.  We took Whit to the doctors office and had his hand x-rayed!  They told us the doc would review the film and then come give us the result of the x-ray.  The doc entered the room and spoke directly to Whit and said... There is no break my brother!  (He always addresses someone by "my brother" or, well, I don't know if he says "my sister" or "sister". He wears a cross on his white coat, has glasses and is very tall! He's a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) so I was expecting he would know his stuff). 

I was really relieved and was so happy I could hardly believe it so I said....That's great! Then, circling the room and landing in front of my son, I grabbed his hand and pointed to his sunken yet raised knuckle and asked...  Is "that" normal!

The doc took one look and said.......Uh, let me go review the x-ray again.  Sure enough, he comes back and says.........Yeah, that's a classic boxers break (his knuckle is basically gone, but there's a bump above it).  When did the doctor start looking at the x-ray before examining the patient?  I thought that was weird. 

So he gives us a referral to an ortho doc.  After seeing the orthopaedic doc, the conclusion was made it wouldn't be worth a surgery and possible infection to fix it... too risky so we decided not to do it!  Now he's wearing a type of bone straightener to put the bone back in place.  No, it's not cast.  Looks kinda like brass knuckles only plastic.

Whit says it seems to be helping straighten the bone out.


--------------------------------------------------


The gym is coming along beautifully.  New pics to follow.  


--------------------------------------------------

My new job is around the corner!  I've oriented about 4 days for a total of 24 hours (that would be only two days on the regular floor!)  I begin in January and I'm sooooooooo psyched!  I'll be helping people who have had cardiac surgery or stents to get fit on the treadmill, elliptical and stationary bikes while monitoring them on telemetry!  This is the job of my dreams!

--------------------------------------------------

Pilates training begins in March.  Reformer to be purchased soon!


---------------------------------------------------

We just finished watching the movie Black Beauty (we've seen it so many times and never tire of it).  The tears are rolling.  I just love this movie, the beautiful imagery, the music, the transitions, the filming, the editing, the little boy, Mickey Rooney, Teri Garr.  It is one of the most satisfying movies ever made (along with Pride and Prejudice).  Francis Ford Coppola is truly amazing.  So is the person manning the camera, the editor.........  I could go on and on.  

The film is a piece of art.   There are so many scenes I watch over and over again.  Nate and I love watching movies in bed and this and Pride and Prejudice relax us both so much. 

-------------------------------------------

My M-I-L  fell again last night.  This time she fell out of bed. Their bedroom is upstairs above our room and the thud jolted Nate and I to a full state of arousal in  a second flat and we both bolted up the stairs like it was nothin!   She was alright.  Just trying to get up and go to the bathroom and slipped from sitting on the bed to sitting on the step up to the bed!  Ja..E..sus our hearts were in our feet for the next few minutes.  

--------------------------------------------  

Christmas tree isn't up!  I figured if no one asked I'd leave it alone. Largely because I put it up, put on the lights, put on the ornaments, decorate the whole house, then take it all down myself! If they want it up, they can help!



2 comments:

Colette said...

I think that is so cool that you are working towards being a photographer! I love to take pictures, but I am not amazing at it. I did take my sisters engagement pictures, though. I managed to get some good ones because I took over 100 shots!

And thank you for your message - you are too nice! I love hearing from you and Aubs.

Kateka said...

Can believe he broke his hand. If I were his girl, he'd be better than a version of Edward!! It probably sucks like no other, but what a cool story it makes.