Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's Happening In Our World

So have you been asking yourself and those around you why have gas prices plummeted since before the election and stayed down? 

Makes you wonder what the hell our government is/was doing......don't it?

Who's making the GD money off us eh?


-----------------------------------------------------------


My mother-in-law fell in her bathroom tonight.  Scared the holy F**K out of me!  I'm laying on the couch kinda half asleep and I hear this thud and light high pitched noise.  Nate was already up off the floor and heading into to her bathroom before I could wrap my mind around what heavy object the kids could have dropped and broken in the stairwell to make such a huge thud. 

I shot off the couch in hot pursuit.  We found her with her head wedged between the toilet and the wall, her new knee bending in the wrong direction and she was complaining of her back hurting!  Damn it!  She was in obvious pain, looked like she was ready to cry. 

She's still recovering from from both a hip and knee surgery!  What if both are screwed up from this fall?

We laid her down for a second.......her face was pale, she was shaking and nauseous. We gave her a minute and then got her up and to her bed.  

She continued to shake.  I ran for my blood pressure cuff and stethoscope! 

We waited for her to stop shaking.  Did a full assessment on her knee, back, hip and waited for her to stop shaking. B/P.......ok..........HR.........ok.........Resp.......ok....

So now what? We'll wait.

We'll see tomorrow if her back continues to hurt tomorrow and see if we need to take her to get an x-ray.

Yikes!
 
------------------------------------------------------ 

Sometimes I feel like such a dunce!  Last Sunday the kids went snowboarding and on their way home I-70 was closed.  Poor kids were panicked and called me for help!

What could I do!  I couldn't come get them!  They were stuck in the mountains and there were no motels, no place to go.  They thought they were gonna have to sleep in the car overnight! Nate told them to find a car-wash to park in to keep the snow out of the tail pipe!  Boy are we a lot of help...........GREAT PARENTS EH?

After getting several calls, I finally figured I'd try to do something.  So I  called my dad.  

He always knows what to do.  

He give me a Utah Highway Patrol number and after being transferred around to three different people, I got the Colorado Highway patrol and we found out they actually opened and then closed a recreation center in the city the kids were in (the rec center filled so fast) and had to open an elementary school.  I don't know how anyone sent off the highway found out about this.  What if you don't have a cell phone to call your parents, to call their dad, to get a Highway Patrol phone number, to give directions to an outlet until the highway reopens?

The kids had no more than found the school and the road was reopened!  Hallelujah!  They got in real late but safely.

That'll teach 'em to go boarding on a "snow day".  I-70 is not a road you want to be on when it's snowing!  


1 comment:

Kateka said...

Ah! I hope she is doing okay. Poor dear. I am glad the kidlets are safe too.