Thursday, December 4, 2008

My husband entered our room through the sliding glass door after getting the garbage out this morning. Our conversation went something like this.
 
N: Has Whit come in...?  

Me: No, why?

N: Well, Heather ran into his truck this morning.

Me: How bad is it (after all it was in the driveway)?

N: Front bumper dented, light gone........(silence)

Me: Any body damage?

N: Yes

I get on my slippers and go outside to inspect the damage. The whole front right side of his bumper is hanging off, the light is crushed, the grill is toast.

She had to have been moving really fast and not looking where she was going when she was backing out.  

How hard is it to see a dark green X-Terra in the morning when white snow is all around?
She had to have deleted the option of:  

a) Opening her eyes to see an obviously large truck behind her car
b) cleaning off her rear window 
c) watching out the back to see where she what she was backing up into.

The insurance company said she will have a $1000. 00 dollar deductible before repairs. 

Yay!

Just as she got out of debt!   

When does the madness stop?

_____________________________________

Whit was amazingly calm through all that.  We ate breakfast, talked about how we are going to have to help Veloy around the house, (she appears to be bruised but has no obvious breaks...THANK GOD!) and I don't know how we got onto the conversation of circumcision.

It went from what molasses comes from, what sorghum is, and how Whit saw a program about how eggs are actually being manufactured now.

We were looking all this up on the Internet when the subject of what fertilized and unfertilized eggs are and ended up on the subject of circumcision (don't ask how we got to circumcision from eggs?!)

So I go on You Tube to see if there was any footage posted of male circumcision because Whit hadn't ever seen one and couldn't believe how little there was available. 

I found the a couple clips and we watched them! 

His eyes were teary and he couldn't understand how anyone could justify something so tortuous as cutting off the skin of an infant boy's penis after only being a day or so old. 

Neither could I!  I saw a couple circs done in our clinicals during nursing school.....way after Whit was born......and had to keep from bawling while I watched it, only renewing my vow not to circumcise.  It disgusts me how cruel and tortuous we humans can be to our infant boys so new in life.  It leaves me wondering how this scars our boys. 

Have you ever seen a circumcision? Please, humor me and go to You Tube and watch Penn and Tellers Circumcision 1 of 3 clips.  Or find one that shows an infant being circumcised. It will make you cry.  

When a circumcision is performed, the baby isn't given sedative nor is he given local anesthetic. They are screaming their GUTS OUT (and don't try telling me they don't have any feeling, or that they haven't developed enough nerve to feel it.  Try using old time diapers with pins and accidentally miss! THEY FEEL IT!)  It isn't just because they are pinned down and are unable to move that they're screaming at the top of their lungs!

Now ladies, if you believe all the cock and bull told you about it continuing to be done because of cancer, then why don't we just lop off our little girls boobies at an early age because there is much more breast cancer than penile cancer! If it's for hygiene purposes, please don't tell me you can't clean your babies teenie peenie and that you can't teach him to do it for himself, because I would hate to admit that kind of stupidity if I were you!  Which leaves one of the last arguements............"I don't want him to look different than the other little boys".............. or............"I want him to look like his daddy"...............or............"I don't want him to be made fun of by the other boys".   Pa-leeeeeeeeeze!  Seriously, you are going to cut off the tip of your newborn baby boys penis because of VANITY!  We live in a seriously f**ked up world if that is the biggest reason we are doing it. 

Ladies, did you know girls can be circumcised too!   Only, for girls the act is seen (in our country) as "genital mutilation".  Oh yeah.....why isn't it considered that for our tiny boys?


Like we mothers can't clean our infants penises and don't have the brains to train them to clean themselves!

On one of the anti-circ clips I saw on You Tube, I noticed a few choice statements I thought stood out, so I though I'd pass them along:

Genital integrity

Vital part of anatomy

Genital mutilation

It's a normal body part and should not be removed without the consent of the owner!

--------------------------------------------

One of my favorite scenes in the movie 28 Days (Sandra Bullock) is when they are in the group therapy session and the gay guy says he wants his foreskin back....... "They didn't ask me if they could take it.....they just took it!"     Cracks me up every time.

Now, this wasn't meant to make all those mommies and daddies out there who did have their little boys circumcised feel all bad inside, or make them feel they need to go out and hunt down data to substantiate their decision on Pro-circumcision.......I'm just putting out another one of those very big opinions of mine and am hoping to educate someone with it!

  




No comments: