Sunday, August 10, 2008

So I Haven't Updated on the Exercise Thing

Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I haven't said a darn thing about my lack of exercise recently. So much for my July goal. That's o.k. I'm working on another goal, but this time, I'm NOT GOING PUBLIC.


I thought that going all public would helpful, but I feel, in fact, that it backfired on me! So, I'm doing it quietly alone, however, I can't help but let people know about the wonderful DVD's I've purchased that are so much fun. Lisa Nunziellas Salsa videos are THE BEST!!! If you like to dance and want to exercise, she fuses both into one HOT and FUN video! She also does a Hip Hop routine (got that one too) that's really fun. I have two of her Salsa Videos and the Hip Hop one. Great fun!!!










Now, If you're into KICKING BUTT, then you have to go for Cathe' Friedrich's videos. I haven't managed to complete her "Butts and Guts" video. Sore, sore, sore will be your bum, but you will love her. I own many of her DVD's and plan to purchase more. She really is the best when it comes to a good video. Her commands are right on, she has great music and the routines are challenging yet fun.








(I took someone's advice and bought Jari Loves DVD............MISTAKE. She is so full of herself. Her routines are repetitive, boring and it seems she is more aware of her hair than her routine! I used to teach aerobics and fitness and I would NEVER take a class she taught!)




                                 (Me when I worked for Spa La Fem about 19 yrs old)

The Web site I use for my DVD purchases is www.Collagevideo.com. (I'd link it but don't know how to do that yet! ) Great place to get videos. Anything from Yoga, Stretching, Aerobics to Pilates and Step routines.



Another site I've visited and purchased from is Beachbody.com. I've purchased Turbo Jam, Ten Minute Trainer and recently, Hip Hop Abs. I'm excited about Hip Hop Abs because I hate crunches, but want a tight tummy..... so we'll see!


Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer is really quite impressive as you get a really good work out in only ten minutes and he covers the entire body! I purchased that routine to see if I liked his style before I purchase P90X! Now, I KNOW he'll KICK MY BUTT in P90X because that routine looks so darn hard. But, I plan to work up to it. The Ten Minute Trainer lets no one give the excuse of having no "time" to exercise, because EVERYONE has ten minutes to spare.
My next purchases will be Core Rhythms. This is another Salsa DVD and there are two to choose from. I can't remember which is better, but there are definite differences. The thing I like about Collage Video is that you can sample the video before you purchase it. So you can kind of tell if you will like the instructor's style, SOUND OF THEIR VOICE, command style etc.




So, I'll keep working on my fitness goals and give updates for new and fun DVD's and exercise routines and stuff.

No comments: