Monday, August 25, 2008

Parting

I can't put a bandaid on the pain like I did when you were little
Bruised hearts take time to heal
Helpless to make the pain go away
No words will console you 
Thoughts of a bright future seem weak

Next to the throbbing, worrisome ache  
No sleep
Your thoughts of
What now?
Who will I give myself to?
Where will I go with my spare time?
What do I say to my friends?
Did he ever feel for me like I do him?
Will anyone ever love me like I loved him?
How will I get through this?
Will I ever be able to love again?

My own heart aches.
For my daughter
For her companion, mate, friend and lover

It isn't just "Young Love"
It will always be a part of you
He will always be a part of you

But you are so strong
You are brave
And you will get through this... 

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Uh-oh. Someone going through a break up? That suuuuucks. I remember breaking up with my first love. It took a good 2 years before we finally finished breaking up. It is such a process, not just a moment. I hope she (am guessing it is Heather??) is okay. I hope that she can stand by what she knows is right for herself too! My prayers are with her in this time of healing.

Aubrey said...

We think so much alike. I wrote mine then came and read yours. Give her hugs from me.