Monday, August 11, 2008

Smells Like C-A-C

      I never thought I would be searching out the ingredients for one of the most foul, nasty tasting teas I have ever drunk in my life but I finally received all the ingredients for C-A-C in the mail that I purchased from the herb company online. Cost me $124.00!  I tried to get some while in Utah but couldn't find the original herb store that sold it.  Come to find out, the owner died and the store closed down.  So I came home and ordered all the ingredients online.  

                 
               C-A-C...... and that is about what it tastes like too.............KACK!!!

    
          This tea is a blood cleanser and it is made of very bitter herbs that when drunk in a tea concoction, seem to stick the bitter to your tongue and nothing you add to it or drink afterwards seems to get rid of the taste.   NASTY.  

     
        So........ you ask.......... why would you work so hard at dragging the ingredients from the tired and drugged brain of your poor ailing mother-in-law (MIL) who has a hard enough time just remembering to take her morning meds, let alone remember all the ingredients to that foul tasting tea?   Because my GUT needs it, that's why. It may be nasty, but I know I will feel much better after I've drunk it. 
   
     
        Which brings me to my story about how I first met up with C-A-C.   My MIL has an evil side to her.  And if you know her you would not believe that statement because she is one of the sweetest, most mild mannered people I've ever met.  And what does that have to do with C-A-C?  I'll tell you!   


     
       One day, I was practicing the piano at Nates house, (he was on his mission then) and Veloy (a.k.a MIL, but she wasn't at the time) brought me a cup of tea.  I thought this was a very nice gesture on her part as I didn't feel I was any virtuoso on the keys and didn't mind the break.  She handed me the tea and without an evil smile, or quirky facial expression, turned on her heels and headed back to the kitchen to leave me with the potion on my own.  I didn't know what was coming!  The gesture reminded me of something the English would do......a young girl practicing Mozart and the nice homemaker comes in with a "spot of tea" between piano sessions.  It was tea... you know, tea cups, peppermint, honey, TEA! Or so I thought. 

     
         I took one sip of this steamy hot brew and realized I should have adopted my sisters habit of smelling before I tasted because it would have warned me not to even put it to my lips, let alone allow it to touch my tongue and gag me on the way down.  

    
         I didn't know what to do!  It tasted so bad I didn't want to swallow it!!  But what else to do? Go the the bathroom right next to the kitchen and SPIT IT OUT IN FRONT OF HER?  I didn't want to appear rude or ungrateful.  So I swallowed it!  I then looked at the cup and actually questioned my own tastebuds!  Should I take another sip or face the music and hand it back?

    
         I gave it back and said........"I really didn't like it very much".   

   
       She didn't even laugh or crack a smile!   Later on I found out that C-A-C  IS the worst tasting tea not only to me but anyone who has ever taken it!!!  

     
       What a foul trick to play on a stranger.  To this day, I still don't know what her real intent was in handing it to me.  But she GOT ME ON THAT ONE!  


      I brewed the first batch tonight.  The first  I've made in about two and a half years and the smell is just the same as it always was.  Licorice, Dandelion, Cascara Sagrada, Red Clover, Marshmallow........... YUM! 


     Bottoms up!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Send some my way!!! I LOVE the stuff.... ;P