Sunday, December 2, 2007

One Corner at a Time


























Mom tried to start collecting tea pots a long time ago. She only managed to get one. So I have picked up her desire and have begun collecting for myself. I currently have four, but am online looking all the time.

I bought these two metal pots at a store called The Barn in Castle Rock and I just love them. They were purchased from an estate sale and I knew I had to have them. The detail on the metal is gorgeous.

I have wanted to have a home with lots of decorations to reflect my tastes and provide comfort and color in my life but haven't made it a priority. I have recently been shopping at a new store that has tons of the items I love at very reasonable prices so I have frequented this store on the days it's open. Unfortunately it's only open twice a week. But I keep working on two specific areas at the bottom of the stairs. The basement is where I draw the line on what I consider MY SPACE. I've taken over the decor "down under" and am filling the walls, nooks and crannies with my own style. I am hoping to learn a technique in painting walls from a couple of ladies who own a store called Rumors. I have decided to place decor and fashion on the top of my list of wants so I don't feel guilty for buying items for vanity.



No comments: