Monday, December 3, 2007

Tag






I was tagged by Aubrey! The rules of the game should be posted at the beginning of the post. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Problem is, I only know two people who read my blog and they've already been tagged so that's why this has taken so long to complete..........who do I send it to? Oh well, no matter. Okay here are 6 interesting facts/habits about Tami!

1. I save the lives of small creatures. If you have read my prior posts you would know this. It comes from a scripture actually: "In as much as you have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me". So, yes, I think of Jesus when I save a life of a bee or spider. Kinda crazy I know. Earl says I've interpreted it wrong. He can have his own interpretation and I'll have mine. I may have "lost my religion" as REM would say it, but I have some precepts that I keep.

2. I buy things in two's and threes. My clothes closet/wardrobe shows this. So does my fridge, shoe closet, cutlery drawer, pantry, make-up kit (I should say make-up tool box), book shelf, storage closet.............. and on and on. If I like a shirt, and it's on sale, I have a worry it will get stained and then I'm out a really cute shirt. At the grocery store, I frequently have two of the same item....don't know why. I have a whole line up of spaghetti strap shirts. Nate thinks I'm done and I don't need any more. He wants me to hang EVERYTHING (and since we have such little storage space and no room for more boxes, I comply). Some people store their winter clothes in summer and vice-versa, so it appears they have less clothes. My whole wardrobe is on display and then I get made fun of for all the clothes I have. I've tried two times in the last couple of months to go through it and salvation army some of it, but I can't get rid of much. Even though I feel lots of them are not in my dream wardrobe, I hold on because of the fear I had of not having clothes. In high school, I only owned 7 pair of underware! 7 pair! You ask me what I did when they weren't clean........now you know why I have lots of clothes, many of which came from second hand stores.

3. I gave birth to three children at home, each with different midwives. Each of the births of my children were unique as the child. I did not do this because I was uneducated or ill-informed. Quite the contrary. It took much more education to have them this way. I read countless books, attended classes, and took the responsibility that not all births are emergent and should not be treated like a disease. I'm proud to see that all the years of talking about it and lending my opinion regarding home birth and the beauty of empowering a woman has filtered down to my first daughter who now reads some of the same books I did (and still has some of mine.... don't worry, I don't need them like you do right now, but my Spiritual Midwifery book is precious to me). She has taken off on her own journey and now wants to become a midwife herself, a desire I had and lost because of my career in nursing.

4. I want a tatoo (or two). I want a faery and either a troll, brownie or some other strange character. Brian Froud's talent and imagination is so amazing. I love his style when it comes to drawing characters, faeries, brownies, goblins, gnomes, trolls and woodland folk that I can't get enough of it. So I have been looking for just the right character of his to become my tatoo. I own several of his books, Good Faeries Bad Faeries, Lady Cottington's Pressed Faery Book, and a bunch more. I love all the works that have his influence, Labryrinth and The Dark Crystal
to mention a couple.

5. I would have to classify myself as Pagan. I don't think I fit in with any other type of religion. I have a pretty strong spirit and don't like to be a follower. Blazing my own trail is best. So I don't always do things like the majority of people do, ie birth at home, use of herbs (when we were considered "freaks"), free thinking. I do miss the feeling of belonging with my prior affiliation in religion and I love the hymns. But, I don't like to be told what I should wear, eat, drink, behave etc. Rebellious? Hell yes.

6. I secretly want to act. I have wanted this since 6th grade. I've been in a few plays, but the thought of being on the big screen gives me the chills. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

No comments: