Friday, December 28, 2007

Celebration

Carolers came to Sky Ridge and sang up and down the halls of the hospital. It gave me chills and I wanted to follow them around. I got the groups card and it had an invitation to a Christmas Eve performance. I was determined to go even if it meant going it alone. Whit went with friends. Heather with Parker. That left Nate. He came willingly.

The service included a small..... I guess you'd call it an orchestra because it wasn't a band, yet it had drums and an electric guitar, flutes, violins etc. There was a choir and a presentation about gifts, mainly the gift of Jesus. The auditorium was at least as big as the one at Bingham High and it was jam packed with people.

They had an overhead screen which displayed pictures and the words to the hymns. I really liked that you could clap after a performance. I've always disliked the fact that a Mormon service was without applause. The choir wasn't the same one as the one at the hospital, but I didn't care, it was good to be there. It felt good to sing hymns with other people. It felt good to be able to be with other people in a setting of love and kindness.

Nate has become quite synical about Christ and it has sadly rubbed off on me. But I must say I enjoyed the service and plan to start including more of the things I'd like to do like this in my life.

1 comment:

Kateka said...

I love music. Isn't it crazy how music can you make you think and feel so much! I hope that this New Year is full of happiness for you!