Monday, June 23, 2008

No bears are out tonight........NOT!

I couldn't sleep, so I went upstairs and laid on the couch and turned on the t.v.  Cisco was in the garage barking her guts out for god knows what reason and I didn't feel like getting up to tell her to shut up.  So I laid facing the back of the couch.  Someone walked by, but I looked up too late. Maybe it was Heather or Nate coming up to tell the dog to shut up.  Then Nate comes into the kitchen and tells me there were two bears outside digging in the trash!

I started asking a million questions.  He heard the dog barking and got up and looked out our sliding glass door in our bedroom and what does he see but a baby bear. He is thinking to himself "oh, how cute" and was startled to see the momma bear right behind baby! Then all he could think was, "did they see me looking out the curtain?"  He said she was about 500 lbs and on all fours and was about 4 ft tall.  

Bears can knock down a door and ransack your fridge!

So he came up to see where they were heading and they took down a garbage can and stole the garbage.  Later, he found the remains of the trash strewned on the ground behind some scrub oak, and they had eaten the corn cobs!  

Can you believe it! Bears!!!!

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Wow. That is crazy! I am glad that were satisfied with garbage and didn't come into the house!