Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Family in Michigan








I was planning on writing all about my Michigan trip after I got home, but, I'm on the last day today..... well, really the second to last day, we fly out Friday and it's Wednesday today.  

I have had a wonderful time here and I can't help but be ever so grateful to Aubrey and Nathan for opening their arms to us during such a wonderfully joyous time in their lives as well a time of adjustment for them and their little family.  

Pictures seem to lend so much more to a story and I have TONS!!!!

I have been threatening to put my little Clara in my suitcase and take her home with me.

For some reason I am unable to move the pictures around within my blog, possibly because I am using a Mac instead of my normal PC,  none the less, I'll post many more pics later. 

My heart is so full, I can hardly contain my emotion. I love all my kids so much and this trip has sealed the deal for these new little grandkids. I never would have believed that I could love someone else's children as much as my own.

When I look at little Claralynne and see her dance and talk and just be herself it takes me back to when Aub was a baby. It freaks me out how they are so much alike.   

Bittersweet this has been.  To only get a snippet of their lives and be able to touch them, and smell them and feel them in my arms until who knows how long makes each and every moment so precious.  

I've been able to get Clara up first thing in the morning when she wakes up and have had the privilege of seeing baby James being bathed for the first time.  We've shared dinners at several restaurants, taken all kinds of walks and eaten fudge from a shop in St Ignace.  It's been more than I could have dreamed it to be. 

Michigan is such a beautiful state.  The locals have ever so slight an accent and are very friendly.  The air has just enough moisture in it to have rid me of my hangnails and my skin has felt soft .  The air is crisp and clean and only slightly cold in the mornings.  I've enjoyed my morning runs through the neighborhoods to see houses built in the 1800's and along the shore line in front of the shops and ferry lines. 

What a privilege I have just to have the right to hold this new baby. Just to be able to watch his uneven breath, or see his eyes move while he sleeps.  To see him smile makes me wonder what on earth he could have on his mind to smile about, or where could possibly have gotten humor when he laughs.

They are both so sweet and I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

1 comment:

Kateka said...

I am glad you posted more pictures! I have been tuning in daily to both your's and Aubrey's blog, anxious to see more, so thank you! Those kids sure are darling.