Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hard Partings




Love the "Nathan's" family chair
Clara didn't get her way
Meme and chubby James
Aub and her bebe's
Nate and James in the airport 
First greetings since we saw them last in July '08
 (Arrival date in Colorado Feb 26 '09 )
Clara was frightened of Whit at first and wouldn't go to him.  
He was very happy when she gave in and fell in love with him.




Sarah Whit and Tony
Tone's teeth are green
because he ate something 
green



 
















Have you ever loved someone so much that their physical absence causes physical pain?

I wish I could quote that line from the movie What Lies Beneath with perfection.  Or the one I just heard in the movie Death at a Funeral where, at his father's funeral, the brother makes a comment about how loving people causes so much emotional baggage that he'd just rather not get into personal relationships.  I know what both of those statements feel like.  But I'm not a stone and have just enough close relationships to feel the ever foreboding pain caused by their absence. 

It's 4:00 in the morning and I've been awake since 3:00, because my little darlings are going home today, a day I have dreaded with all the fibers of my being since they first got here.  See, there's where not having close relationships would come in handy because then I wouldn't feel like my heart is being wrenched in a vice and thrown out a window.  That's an awful analogy but I can't seem to stop the flow of tears and I feel totally selfish for it.

It's not that my family here in Colorado aren't enough for me, it's that I don't like partings, and I don't like being separated from my loved ones, especially when I'm not exactly sure when I'll be able to hold my grand babies again, or hug my daughter.  It's almost unbearable.

I'm almost to the point of being inconsolable, and I don't like it. 

I've had so much fun kissing and tickling and doing acrobatics with my grand babies.  I wish I had kept a journal of our days with them now.  We've done a lot of shopping, Aub, me and the babies, but it got difficult with the time span in the car.  Aub and Heather went somewhere together and Clara threw up in the car so from that point we took along a bowl and second set of clothes, which came in handy when Aub and I were going on our shopping spree and just as we came around a corner, Clara threw up not once, or twice, but three times in a row.  James quickly followed suite and we were dumbfounded about why he would too.  The only conclusion we came to was sympathetic barfing.  That put a damper on things but we still went and bought a coat and shoes for Aub. 

We went to a couple of play areas with the kids, which Aubrey lined up, and I'm so glad she did because I got some good pictures (and some not so good ones......still learning about photography). We all had a blast.  

Aubrey has tickled our taste buds with some very yummy dinners.  My favorite was the salmon Aub, but the coconut chicken breasts, seasoned whole chicken and french dip were also amongst my favorites. Your hubby is truly spoiled!  She is an excellent cook and I'm so proud of her and how she is raising her little ones.  She is really a very fun loving, sweet and generous mommy and I can't stop crying again. 

We've had some pretty devastating events go on just recently and Aubrey has been a comfort and a boon to our family during these times and I'm grateful she was here for it although it would probably not have been something she would have chosen and I for one could have done without the drama.  None-the-less, our family seems to be founded in drama and screaming, of which we were not without.  What would we be like without the drama and yelling?  Boring! Perhaps. Calm? That'd be a nice change, but I'm afraid I have an anxious side of me that may never subside.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of old person I'll make.  I take care of a lot of cranky, mean and bull headed ones.  I also take care of the sweet old man and lady types too.  Somehow I don't feel I'll fit into the "sweet old lady" category.

Anyway.  It's taken three hours to do this blog.  Downloading pictures to my computer takes forever.

Just wanted to say.................THANK YOU AUBREY!  I loved having you and your kids here.
THANK YOU NATHAN HATCH for sharing.  I'm sorry you were alone so long but I really needed this.

Now on with the packing and 1.5 hr trip to the airport where I will be bawling on the inside the whole time there. 

 

   

 


2 comments:

Kateka said...

Loved all the pics! It seems like after a long day of crying, all I wanna do is nap. I sure hope you can take a good nap after this. What a gorgeous family!

Tami said...

The pictures are gorgeous!! Your kids and grandbabies are beautiful. It is so hard to have such a loving heart, but so worth it in the end. Sorry your baby is going home, hope you feel better. I would be just like you and bawling my eyes out too.