Monday, September 15, 2008

Wisdom Teeth, New Gym and Hospital Moving Day

This is my beautiful, bodacious, honey daughter.  I have to start this blog out with pictures of her on a good day so that the following pictures show the depth of swelling she's had from her wisdom teeth extraction.  









She wasn't having a good day last Thursday the 10th when she had her four wisdom teeth extracted.  Poor thing!  Not a happy camper!  
The swelling on the right side of her jaw was considerably more and it's a hard swelling.  

 
                      We thought this was bad until it became.................
                                  

                                       .....THIS......

                                                 AND THIS

(You know it's really awful of us when we know how bad she feels and how much it hurts but we still can't help laughing a little under our breath because she looks like Goldie Hawn in her fat suit!)
                        These were taken on Friday Sept. 11, Post Op day #2

                                                    


                                    Can you believe this swelling?


The above pictures were all taken on the second day post op.  The ones below were taken today, POD #5.  Thank god for Vicodin and Ibuprofen!  I can't help but wonder how people tolerated getting their wisdom teeth out without pain killers!  


 

I only wish I'd taken pictures on POD #3 because her right eye was swelling shut and she was getting a black eye, but on POD #4, the swelling went down considerably and there was no black eye. 
 
                                                    POD #5


She doesn't look very happy because her wounds are draining an awful tasting something and she's still on pain killers, but the swelling has gone down so much and she can actually give us a little smile.  Oh, and she can use a regular teaspoon instead of a rubber coated baby spoon.
Plus she is tolerating some chewing now instead of pudding, yogurt and soup. 



THE NEW GYM

Nate started taking down the wall on September 5th.  The room will have either a wood or Pergo floor, Murphy beds, our current big screen T.V. and all the exercise equipment.  I am so excited I can hardly wait. I had to show off his cute belly!
                                                               Belly shot






                          No idea about the nose powder!  (No wonder he's so hyped ha ha)


These pictures are out of order but Nate and Whit are removing all the wood that was once a wall to reveal a bigger open space. Follow the big beam seen here in this picture and you'll be able to decipher what wall is being removed!  He's going to stain that beam so it will be really beautiful when it's done.  
         The picture above has the wall removed. Just need to take off the board on the floor.
                                              All the boards coming down
                                                      Almost done

                            Out of order, this is the wall being taken down.
Whit has become quite a skilled worker.  I can't believe he once looked up at me from below my hips and held onto my pants.  I kept looking at him with awe knowing that he is now a full grown man.  It's as amazing to have your kids grow up and become adults, and live in an adult world doing adult things.  I think this is a hard transition for me (but a good one, kinda like becoming a grandmother).   
                                                    My carpenter hubby

                                            
                                Removing the last bit of sheetrock









                                       The wall before it was removed




THE BIG MOVE AT SKY RIDGE 

We recently moved from the 5th floor to our brand new 3rd floor at SRMC. 
The rooms no longer have carpet, but a Pergo-like flooring.  
Our rooms smell so clean and they each have a tiled bathroom with a hand held shower and blow-drier.  The strip above the bed has oxygen and suction on both sides of the bed as well as electrical outlets which makes moving the patient around to sit on the chair much easier.  Each room has a recliner, desk with computer plugs and nightstand. The couches we ordered make up into a bed, but they didn't get to us in time so we have these really beautiful rented couches in each room (Pictured).  I don't know if I'd want to rent these couches from that place knowing where they were before!  We will be getting the futon couches sometime in October. 
Each floor has a lobby complete with a working fireplace!  The smell of new carpet is so wonderful!
Janet RN CNC (floor manager) and Theresa CNA posing in front of the Dynamaps (blood pressure machines). Everyone was getting everything ready for the big move downstairs.  I really had no idea how hard moving an entire floor of patients would be let alone all the equipment, supplies, office stuff, telemetry station, etc.  It was a lot of work and we all went home exhausted but it was so worth it because now we have computers in the rooms, so we don't have to push around the C.O.W.'s (computer on wheels).  Everyone loves all our changes.  


Our floor and the ICU are the only floors at Sky Ridge to have the computers built into the rooms.  You can't imagine how  difficult pushing those big bulky computers room to room was It's made life at work so much nicer.  


This blog has taken over two hours and dinner needs to be made.   More updates later. 

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Ouch! Heather's poor cheeks. That is so weird how it swells on one side, my face did that too.

Ricco Cordova said...

OH MY GOD! I thought Ricco swelled
bad, untill I seen that! I had to call Ricco in from the other room to look at the pictures. Despite her painful look we do have to admit we had to giggle, I'm sorry Heather B. But I can say one thing you really could see Whitney in you. I've never seen so much Whitney in Heather like you can see it in Aubrey. Your blog is way cool I think I want to do it too. But I did cry, when seeing everyboby and reading things, I'm sorry I missed claralynn's B-DAY I didn't know the day.I feel for Heather I've had dental work done lately too just root canals but nothing like hers GET WELL SOON!
Boo went to a concert last night (TOBY KIETH) so I'm going to find out how he liked it when he gets home today. So how did your toe nails turn out? Mine suck
Well I'm going to go find something more to talk about and write to you later ok
I LOVE YOU GUYS LOVE ME LORI