Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thinking of myself

So this is my last day of my weeks vacation spent in good ol' Utah, land of my family, pollution, cars, houses and businesses everywhere. I don't think I will be making too many more trips like this one again.

Each time I come, I try to make it fun, provide my own and everyone elses food, pay for dinner or activities out, try to be kind. But so often it slaps me back in the face. My plans don't go as I hoped, someone ends up mad. I can't help but think it has more to do with poverty than anything I've done really, but still, it makes me feel that maybe my trying to think of others isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

Each one of my family members seems to be struggling with tight money situations which causes a lot of tension for everyone.

I don't know, but it seems that each person wants to be able to be giving, but in the end it comes down to them thinking of themselves and their own. I'm beginning to feel that I won't be so bad off doing the same.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

We need a girls night out, you and me and Monkey. Then you will remember what it is like to have fun when you go out. We always have fun.