Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Imagination is Better

I'm almost done with the 4th book of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, so I felt like the characters are pretty much cemented in my mind enough that and I could stand to venture out and see who they chose to play the parts in the upcoming movie.


I went online to look at who was chosen for the cast and I am mostly happy.  But the choice for Carlisle and Esme are all wrong to me in that these are supposed to be the "leaders" or "parent figures" of the Cullen family and they look as much like high school teenagers as the rest of the characters.  I don't believe the town of Forks would believe that Carlisle is the brilliant doctor he's supposed to be if he looks like he just got out of high school.  And his wife Esme looks like she could be either Alice or Rosalie's sister, so the respect of "age" doesn't come into play for me.  


I'm seriously thinking I'll forgo the movie all together and keep my own images in my mind.


Oh, also, I REALLY can't see their choice in Jacob Black.  The guy they chose looks way too young to me, even though he is supposed to be younger than Bella in the book.  I can't see how they'd be able to morph him into the HUGE version of Jake who is this garganchuan monster in the other books.  He looks smaller than Edward and I just can't picture that. 


The choice for Edward isn't exactly who I had in mind either, but he'll do.  I pictured Edward to have slightly darker hair and to have a elegance and grace about him that can only come with time and experience as a vampire of his "age". We'll see if the Harry Potter star pulls his weight for me.  (or maybe we won't. Again, I just don't know if I'll see the movie).


 I don't know about the acting skills of the girl they chose for Bella, but she looks just as I pictured her in my mind while reading the book.  She has a "pretty tom-boyishness" about her and the girl they chose is just that.  

Well, back to reading the book. 

No comments: